A small Linux Live cd Lightweight Portable Security (LPS), created by USA’s Department of defence focuses on privacy and security which has the power to turn any untrusted computer system into a trusted network client.
LPS-Public has the following features
- General web browsing
- Connecting to remote networks
- It includes a smart card-enabled Firefox browser supporting CAC and PIV cards
- PDF and text viewer
- Encryption Wizard – Public.
System Requirements :-
- A computer system with x86 processor (PC or Intel-based Mac).
- 512 MB RAM (LPS-Public). 1 GB RAM (LPS-Public Deluxe).
- Wired, wireless (WiFi), or cellular broadband Ethernet (DHCP highly recommended).
- Ability to boot from either USB or CD-ROM (LPS is available on either medium).
- To access CAC- or PIV-enabled websites, a CAC or PIV, and a USB CCID-compliant smart card (CAC/PIV) reader with updated firmware.
Download :- Qu1ck St@rt Guid3
Download :- LPS-Public ISO image