The developers of the great project ‘OWASP MANTRA‘ has now released a crazy widows based extension for chrome.
According to their post on forums
We are proud to announce the OWASP Mantra MoC ( Mantra on Chrome ) pre alpha release. Well, its not even half baked. Expect nothing more than just a pack of extensions. But at the same time, its a great change we were waiting for and that is the prime reason we made it available to all of you so soon. From now on, we all will be enjoying best of both the worlds (of Firefox and Chrome) together.
[album id=1 template=extend]
Mantra is a security framework which can be very helpful in performing all the five phases of attacks including
- scanning and enumeration
- gaining access,
- escalation of privileges,
- maintaining access
- and covering tracks
Apart from that it also contains a set of tools targeted for web developers and code debuggers which makes it handy for both offensive security and defensive security related tasks.
Mantra is lite, flexible, portable and user friendly with a nice GUI. You can carry it in memory cards, flash drives, CD/DVDs, etc. It can be run natively on Linux, Windows and Mac platforms. It can also be installed on to your system within minutes.
- Create an ecosystem for hackers based on browser
- To bring the attention of security people to the potential of a browser based security platform
- Provide easy to use and portable platform for demonstrating common web based attacks( read training )
- To associate with other security tools/products to make a better environment. Eg:
- It can be a nice addition to security distribution OSs like OWASP Live CD
- It can be used to solve basic levels of CTF contests
- It can associate with projects like DVWA to showcase attacks
- It can bring functions like crawler, SQL injection scanner etc by installing extensions.